Sunday 17 April 2011

Trying something new


I went out for a Chinese meal on Friday and my fortune cookie revealed this message pictured above. I got goosebumps when I read it as for some time I have been wanting to try some new things with my writing.


I have just enrolled with the British College of Journalism for a distance learning course. I hope to come out of it with a diploma in freelance journalism and more confidence to tackle new things. I am really looking forward to it as I think it will help me develop as a more versatile writer, hopefully giving me a better chance of getting work published.


I do tend to stay in my comfort zone of writing about what I know and love (my chickens!) and although there is no problem with this, I feel that I want to dip my foot in the water and see what else is out there.


My course starts in May so I shall get cracking with all the things that are outstanding at present to give me a clean slate to begin my new project.


As my fortune cookie says 'You never try, you never know!

5 comments:

  1. How very true, and good luck with your course, it's one I've tried and it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,
    Okay, yes I read my fortune cookie and it stated, 'Help! I'm being held hostage in a fortune cookie factory' :)
    I guess your cookie alludes to nothing ventured, nothing gained. Sometimes a 'comfort zone' can become an uncomfortable comfort zone. It seems you are moving forward in a very positive way. All the very best and enjoy your course. And please, say 'hello' to your girls for me.
    In kindness, Gary
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, I am relly looking forward to the challenge now. I do love to learn new things so hope it will help me improve my writing. Di x

    Hello Gary, I am so glad my cookie was freed to give me such a special message. I do feel very positive about this. The girls send their love and are building up to the royal hen party. Magical wishes to you Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your chickens are still creeping in I see Di! "'I shall get cracking,'"! Tee hee!
    That fortune cookie message is spooky though,
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete