Sunday 2 January 2011

Creating your own map



I am always quite scared of going through a field of cows, they can be such un-predictable creatures, yet they didn't stop me going for a glorious walk this morning. In this case I was able to walk around them and go another way but sometimes it may be necessary to take a chance and go along your planned route as long as you are safe.

I really intend to hold onto that thought with my writing this year and want to aim for all my writing goals despite the hazards that may crop up on my journey.

I have learned so much during the last year about writing in general and also myself.

When I came close to success with a publisher wanting to see all of my work, I got excited about the thought of success but that made the rejection harder when they said NO! When I had picked myself up, I thought about what I had actually achieved. I had made a huge break through in that I was not mad for trying to get my novel published and that a major publisher said they like my style, so that is worth celebrating.

In 2011 I want to stride out, maybe without a map on some occasions as though guidance is important, you have to go with your gut feeling sometimes. I shall be doing that as often as I can and not be deterred by those horrible hazards that get in the way of writing such as time, motivation and the confidence to never give up if you are rejected, create your own map and perhaps just try another way!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Diane,
    A brilliant and positive attitude. As you know, if one way doesn't work, other opportunities are just around the corner.
    All the very best and happy writing.
    In kindness and wishing you a wonderful New Year,
    Gary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have a map, so you know where you're going, but sometimes it's worth going for a little diversion. You never know where it may take you!

    Happy wandering in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy wandering in the word of writing
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gary
    I think it is important to try different ways of making things work, as you say always new things around each corner. Best wishes for your new year and wish you a good journey through 2011. xx

    Hi Simon - My walking boots are well and truly oiled and ready for use!

    Hello Kerrie - thanks I truly intend to wander far and wide this year, I may even get to my destination if I do not run out of shoe leather!
    Best wishes - Di

    ReplyDelete