Sunday 12 December 2010

A Write Christmas!




The above two pictures may look like the typical antics of any Christmas party but this was NOT any party - it was the Wrekin Writers Christmas party!

Angeline and Sue are certainly getting into the mood while they attempt their gurning impression!





I had great pleasure in attending The Buckatree Hall hotel last weekend for our Writers Christmas dinner.

As well as the lovely company, it's a wonderful time to reflect over dinner what we have achieved and what we want to do next year. I felt so positive by talking with everyone about what our writing goals were for 2011

In the photo above (I'm the one with the antlers) I am with Julie Phillips who is a very talented writer and will be our new vice chair next year.

Below is Sue Horder-Mason - Chairperson giving an end of year speech. Sue has decided to step down next year and we all want to thank her for her wonderful contribution as Chairperson, she has done a brilliant job in her role. She has motivated us, inspired us, made us laugh and kept us all in order during our monthly meetings which can get a bit chaotic at times.




The group - after we had scoffed a three course lunch.




Simon Whaley was discussing the length of his novel here with Mike White - Well I guess that was what they were talking about!


I left feeling so happy after spending time with like-minded people. I love being part of this group and feel positive and determined to keep on writing through 2011.

4 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures, Diane. I especially like the ones of Angeline and Sue.
    Mike xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great pictures, Di, when are you coming over to my site and contributing? Anything about your writing adventures or local history would be more than welcome. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Di, I was showing Mike the size of my novel at its fourth draft stage. My first draft was MUCH bigger than that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike, Yes Angeline and Sue had us in stiches at their antics!

    Hello Carole, Oh I would love to come over to your blog again, as soon as I break up for christmas and have more time I would love to do something. Cheers! Di xx

    Oh yes Simon and a bit of trimming will make it even stronger!

    ReplyDelete