Friday 20 August 2010

So what! It's raining!



I know this dreadful weather is getting on every one's nerves, but today it really worked for me. I had originally booked this day off work in January in the hope that I would get a day pottering about in the garden and sunbathing with the chickens, but it was not to be. When I saw the pelting raindrops beating against my window first thing this morning, I decided I would turn it into writing day.

I started by re-working a children's story and getting it ready for submission next week.

I have also had a go at my first 'Writers CV'.

Working in a Jobcentre, I am looking at CV's all the time, but to produce a 'Writers CV' of my own was so hard. It's so different to a work CV but with the much appreciated help of Simon Whaley, I have now come up with something that I hope to use in the future when sending off a submission that requires one.

Most places don't even ask for a CV but I was thrown the other day when I wanted to send an idea to them and they asked for one.

I am quite pleased with my result ( it even went over two pages!) and hope that it will get longer in time if I enjoy more writing success.

So, I guess this post is about using the weather to help our writing. If you enjoy sunshine,snow,wind or even rain - let it inspire you to come up with ideas - on the other hand it may keep you inside to get those ideas onto paper!

3 comments:

  1. You're so positive Di.
    Only you could look upon a rainy day as a bit of treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to make your aquaintance Diane. I found you through Simon.

    I'm with you. I love the rain. And where I live, high up on the top of a hill, I find the weather very inspiring.

    warm wishes

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane,
    I agree with you about using the weather as inspiration. I stood out in the pouring rain the other day and thought about how cosy I would be once indoors.
    Have a lovely weekend. In kindness, Gary.

    ReplyDelete