Friday 1 January 2010

A burning ambition



Sorry for the cliche in the title of this blog but it really does say how I feel. I spent this morning having my New Years Day bonfire. It's something I have done for years and it really is a cleansing experience. I burn all the Christmas wrapping paper, old diaries and calenders and what ever will give a good blaze.

I love teasing the flames and allowing the air to give new life when it starts to die down, the warmth on my face, the smoke spiraling into the cold air, and the ashes dancing around the ground like confetti as the breeze catches them.

I see New Years day as a chance to reflect on the year gone by, especially with my writing. What worked? What could I have done better? And what am I going to try next?

My main ambition is to get my novel 'Red Kite' back out into the world again. A friend made a lovely comment on my facebook yesterday and it really inspired me to start working on it again.

I shall also continue with the article writing as this so far has been my most successful so far.

Hope 2010 is a good one, I intend to do everything I can to achieve my goals and hope all you writers out there succeed too.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of burning last years' effects and starting the new year afresh. I'm sure 2010 will be brilliant for you, based upon 2009's firm foundations.

    You've burnt last year's old diaries and giftwrap - now set the world on fire with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon, I'm stocking up on matches already!

    ReplyDelete